Master Media Studies
In a world where the transformation of media culture has a tremendous on the media environment as well as our culture, politics and everyday life, it is vital that we thoroughly understand and evaluate these ongoing transformations.
Media Studies at the University of Amsterdam
The University of Amsterdam is home to five unique and innovative Master’s programmes in the field of Media Studies. From film and television studies to journalism, new media and digital culture, the programmes offer depth and diversity in their approach to the study of media, teaching you the most important dynamics of our media culture and how to conceptualise them in a critical and meaningful way. Our Media Studies programmes build on pioneering research and train you to critically and effectively engage with the rapid transformation of contemporary media culture.
Five Master's programmes in Media Studies
Learn more about our individual Master's programmes, their entry requirements and how to apply via the following links:
Why study Media Studies at the University of Amsterdam
The University of Amsterdam offers you:
- A world-class education in Media Studies ranked first in the world according to the QS World Rankings by Subject in 2018.
- Amsterdam is a vibrant and creative cultural hub with a pioneering media scene.
- An international staff of world-renowned researchers and experts to guide you during your studies.
- A research-oriented programme that offers you the opportunity to develop a study programme tailored to your own interests.
- A vast network of media partners including, among others, the EYE Film Institute and the International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA)
- MA / rMA Media Studies
- Regulier onderwijs
- 60-120 EC, 12-24 maanden