Summer programmes for refugees in the Netherlands
Graduate School of Social Sciences
The Graduate School of Social Sciences at the University of Amsterdam is offering 10 full tuition waivers for refugees in the Netherlands for all our summer courses.
The aim of the initiative is to encourage refugees, especially those with an academic background located in Amsterdam, to proceed with their careers and benefit from their time in Amsterdam.
- Grant Writing and Proposal Development
- Alcohol, Drugs & Addiction
- Introduction to Sexuality Studies
- Migration and Integration (refugees in the Netherlands)
- Planning the Cycling City
- Pre-university Honours Programme - the Urban Toolkit: Exploring the City
- Security Governance & Conflict Resolution
- Social Policies & the Urban Fabric
- Summer Institute on Sexuality, Culture and Society
- The Urban Food Experience: Exploring Food and the City
- Urban Studies: Planning and Living in Cities
The application deadline for these scholarships for all programmes is 1 March 2016.
Information on application can be found on the webpages of each specific summer programme.
Applicants for the tuition waiver are set to the same admission criteria as regular students. We will try to evenly divide the scholarships over the various programmes. Applicants who cannot provide their academic transcripts will require an interview, Skype interview can be arranged, to be part of the admission procedure.
We are currently working on setting up a Kickstarter action to get the housing fees covered for those who do not live in Amsterdam. More information will be provided in January.
For any questions you can email to: email@example.com